Basic step-by-step guide on how to get started on the internet!
OK, so you've obviously connected to the internet and navigated to this page, but if you somehow forget how to connect and have made a copy of this page, here is how you connect
- Turn on the device.
- Either navigate to settings or look at the menu bar, it depends on the device.
- Click on the wifi menu/icon.
- Look for your network.
- Click on the network, if needed click connect.
- Enter password to connect to your network (I recommend setting one if you do not have one)
Now, you are connected to your network but you don't know what to do from here. Let's assume you want to visit an example page.
- Find your browser of choice. I recommend Google Chrome, once on the website just navigate to the download button and click
- Look for the searchbar at the top of the page and click on it to enter typing mode
- Type "example.com" (without the ")
- Press the enter key and wait for the website to load. It will take different lengths of time depending on your network.
- Celebrate visiting a page on the World Wide Web!
Well done! You have now successfully connected to the internet and visited a website. From here you can now visit lots of places on the internet, learn about new things, and meet new people! Just be careful out there, OK?